Current Job Openings
–Part- Time Resiliency Specialist
We are seeking a Part-Time Resiliency Specialist (15-25 hours per week) for the Sanar’s Wellness Center in Newark, New Jersey. This position will provide direct individual services to a diverse range of clients that have experienced interpersonal trauma including survivors of all forms of human trafficking, sexual abuse, child abuse, intimate partner violence, and individuals vulnerable to exploitation based on their gender identity and/or sexual orientation. The Resiliency Specialist will provide individualized mental health support services utilizing the Sanar Institute’s Tri-Phasic Healing Model and evidence-based psychotherapy modalities.
Candidates must currently hold a New Jersey LSW license to be considered.
Sanar offers flexible scheduling, remote work options, a supportive work environment that encourages professional and personal development, and a convenient location near Newark Penn Station.
People of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and survivors are highly encouraged to apply.
- Provide comprehensive, trauma-informed, judgement-free intakes, individual client support sessions, and assessments for survivors of interpersonal violence and individuals vulnerable to exploitation.
- Provide trauma-informed case management and advocacy for emergency and non-emergency services and specialized, population-specific referrals through organizational referral partners.
- Provide support to organizations and companies exposed to secondary and vicarious trauma through wellness-based support sessions, case consultation, and training facilitation.
- Create trauma-informed educational materials and the strengthening of internal documents, protocols, and policies to ensure they are trauma-informed, client-centered, and culturally sensitive.
- Keep detailed case notes to fulfill all grant-reporting duties and HIPAA regulations.
- Assist in any other identified programmatic areas necessary to successfully support survivors of complex trauma.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following Required Skills
- MSW with New Jersey LSW license. LCSW preferred.
- Minimum of one-year post-graduate professional experience working directly with survivors of interpersonal violence in a trauma-informed setting.
- Experience working with marginalized communities, including at-risk youth, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals of color and immigrant populations.
- Emotional maturity, stability, and resilience is required, along with excellent social skills that are authentic, empathic, and create a strong therapeutic alliance with survivors.
- Experience, comfort, and sensitivity working in multi-cultural environments with knowledge and understanding of diversity, oppression, and privilege.
- Alignment with the Sanar Institute’s Core Values, Mission, and Vision.
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- LCSW license or progress toward an LCSW.
- Bilingual, with full proficiency in either Spanish or Portuguese, preferred but not required.
- Trauma-specific clinical training with one or more evidence-based modalities such as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Somatic Experiencing, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Art Therapy, and Trauma-Sensitive Yoga.
- Experience with tele-mental health or web-based therapeutic supports.
Please send a cover letter , including hourly rate requirements , and your resume to Sarah Lott, Deputy Director, at Sarah.Lott@sanar-institute.org